Women’s body shapes are frequently spoken about, but very little attention is paid to men’s with more and more men becoming interested in fashions and caring about their appearance, Bobby’s Fashions has created this graphic to help choosing the right jacket or coat to set off their physiques.
- Avoid anything horizontal. go for vertical
- If your torso is short, don’t be afraid to buy short length suits.
- A smaller pant break can help make your look a bit taller.
- Peak lapels can make your shoulders appear broader
- For the sleeves, a little bit extra shirt cuff peeking out can make your arms appear longer
- Stick to two buttons a three button suit is overkill.
- Keep the cuff showing of your shirt to a minimum.
- A lower button stance can help make your torso appear shorter.
- Go for decent amount of break in the pant leg.
- Always wear a belt.
- Make sure your pants and sleeves are long enough – any shortness will accentuate your appendages.
- Slim ties will disappear on you – stick to 3 inch and wider
- Lighter weight fabrics can make you appear less bulky
- Fit is key – any extra fabric will just make you appear larger
- Vest or vertical stripes can help you appear taller.
- Skip the belt – go for suspenders instead.
- Never go untucked
- Buy suit separates so you can accommodate your larger chest or thighs.
- Pay special attentions to how your suit fit on the sides waists as it well need to taper down to your waist.
- Tailoring is key – as most suits won’t fit off the rack and need to be adjusted.
- Don’t wear peak lapels